Ever had a day when you learned some things you didn’t really want to know? I had a day like that today….. Here are 6 things I learned today (all which you probably already knew).
1. Never put your electric griddle too close to the burners on the stove.
2. Water makes a grease fire worse.
3. Baking soda puts out grease fire, but if you don’t know that, you will use a fire extinguisher.
4. Once you use a fire extinguisher (even just a little bit) you cannot use it again.
5. Fire extinguishers are expensive to replace.
6. Cleaning up after using a fire extinguisher is not fun. Fire extinguishers make a big mess. But then again, so do plastic grease fires. I may be scraping black plastic off the stove and sink for weeks….
In all seriousness, definitely do make sure you know how to put out kitchen fires. Until today I never had to put one and didn’t really think about it much. I am so glad my husband had an easy-to access fire extinguisher in the garage by the kitchen.
Also, in case you were wondering, my beloved griddle was the only victim in this fire. My life (at least my menu plan) won’t be the same without it.