I make this French toast recipe off and on year round, but my husband asks for it more often in the fall. The nutmeg and cinnamon give it a good fall-spiced flavor. (Is fall-spiced even a real word?)
Fall French Toast
12 Slices Bread (I use whole grain white)
3/4 C. Milk
3 Tbs. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
3 tsp. Cinnamon
1. Heat griddle to 350 degrees.
2. Beat the eggs in a large mixing bow, then add the remaining ingredients (except the bread). Stir well to combine.
3. Dip both sides of bread in mix until completely covered.
4. Brown each side of bread on the griddle.
* I like to freeze leftovers and then toast when we are ready to eat them again. The recipe also works well when I cut it in half. Leave a comment or send a message if you want those measurements. I calculated it out, but the measurements are a little awkward!